Special subscription rate for members of specified groups. Find out more.
Expanded Routledge Psychoanalysis Coverage in PEP
Order the latest Psychotherapy, Counseling, Coaching and Creative Arts Therapies catalogue.
Aim & Scope
The Journal of Infant, Child, and Adolescent Psychotherapy provides a forum for the exploration of issues directly relevant to 21st century practice. Articles are written by and for infant, child, and adolescent psychotherapists, as well as researcher/clinicians from diverse backgrounds who appreciate and/or work from a psychodynamic perspective. Articles include clinical case studies, showcasing our integration of contemporary theoretical and research findings, theoretical trends of current concern to practitioners, and clinical research that has significant implication for daily practice.
Topics covered include:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Research, Relation to Trauma, and Psychoanalytic Perspectives
- Technology and Child/Adolescent Treatment
- Attachment Research Findings and Implications for Psychotherapy with parents and children
- Long-term and innovative treatments for survivors of terrorism (including 911) and other forms of trauma
- Therapeutic issues attendant on Reproductive technology
- Adolescent Substance Abuse
- Treatment concerns with adoptees, foster children, and children of divorce
- Treatment of Autistic Spectrum and other developmental disorders
The Journal of Infant, Child, and Adolescent Psychotherapy provides a comprehensive overview of child psychotherapy as it is conceptualized and practiced by contemporary psychodynamic clinicians. It is the only child-focused journal that offers real-world coverage of real-world issues by child therapists who are actively engaged in the field.
Peer Review Policy:
The papers in Journal of Infant, Child, and Adolescent Psychotherapy undergo editorial screening and double-blind peer review with the exceptions of invited articles and invited discussions.
Publication office: Taylor & Francis, Inc., 530 Walnut Street, Suite 850, Philadelphia, PA 19106.